The women’s bantamweight title fight at UFC 289 was officially rubber-stamped as both participants in the main event bout in Vancouver hit championship weight at the official weigh-ins.
Challenger Irene Aldana was the first fighter on the scale and hit 135 pounds on the nose to make sure she was eligible to win the title this weekend. Defending champ Amanda Nunes wasn’t too far behind, as she also tipped the scale at 135 pounds to confirm the championship matchup.
The UFC’s backup fighter for the title fight, Raquel Pennington, already knew her chance at fighting for the title had gone before she stepped on the scale, but she went through the process and weighed in under the championship limit to complete her assignment. Her chance at the title will have to wait for now.
Elsewhere on the card, the co-main event also saw both fighters make weight, with former world champion Charles Oliveira coming in two pounds under the non-title limit, at 154 pounds. It looked like his opponent Beneil Dariush may have had a tough finish to his weight cut, as he breathed a heavy sigh of relief when his weight was read as 156 pounds, right on the non-title limit.
Canada’s Mike Malott looked in outstanding shape as he weighed in at 169.5 pounds for his welterweight bout with Adam Fugitt, who was the last fighter to weigh in.
The rest of the fight card all made weight to ensure the bout sheet remained intact for the event on Saturday night.
Check the full list of official weights below.
UFC 289: Official weigh-in results
- Amanda Nunes (135) vs. Irene Aldana (135)
- Charles Oliveira (154) vs. Beneil Dariush (156)
- Mike Malott (169.5) vs. Adam Fugitt ()
- Dan Ige (145.5) vs. Nate Landwehr (145.25)
- Marc-Andre Barriault (185) vs. Eryk Anders (184.75)
- Nassourdine Imavov (185.5) vs. Chris Curtis (185.25)
- Miranda Maverick (125.5) vs. Jasmine Jasudavicius (125.25)
- Aiemann Zahabi (135.75) vs. Aori Qileng (135)
- Kyle Nelson (145) vs. Blake Bilder (145.5)
- David Dvorak (125.5) vs. Stephen Erceg (125.5)
- Diana Belbita (114.5) vs. Maria Oliveira (115.5)
- Additional: Raquel Pennington (backup fighter) (134.5)