Darren Till vs. Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson will go ahead at UFC Liverpool on Sunday.
It was earlier reported that Scouser Till had missed weight, weighing 3.5lbs over the 171lbs welterweight limit, throwing the fight into jeopardy.
However, it has since emerged that the fight will indeed go ahead after Thompson agreed to the below terms per MMAFighting’s Ariel Helwani:
- Till must forfeit 30% of his purse and bonuses to Thompson.
- Till can’t weigh more than 188lbs at a weigh in on Sunday before the fight.
- Weigh in is at 1 pm tomorrow before departing to arena.
- Thompson’s team can be present at weigh in.
Thompson vs. Till is on. Here are the terms of the deal, per sources:
– Till must forfeit 30% of his purse and bonuses to Thompson.
– Till can’t weigh more than 188 lbs tomorrow.
– Weigh in is at 1 pm tomorrow before departing to arena.
– WB’s team can be present at weigh in.
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) May 26, 2018
Helwani goes on to say Till there could be another negotiation if Till were to miss weight once again.
There have been reports of Till having a family emergency which affected his weight cut, though Till has not commented on this. However, Till did apologise for missing weight at the ceremonial weigh ins.
Credit to Thompson and his team for taking the fight under these circumstances. It’s clear to see why Wonderboy is so universally liked across MMA.