Two European lightweight contenders will face off in a pivotal clash for the 155-pound division at UFC on ESPN 38 in Las Vegas.
The UFC Apex will play host to the event, as Arman Tsarukyan and Mateusz Gamrot get set to do battle in the main event.
Former two-division KSW champion Gamrot has a record of 20-1, with that lone defeat a somewhat controversial one, coming via split decision to Guram Kutateladze in October 2020. His four appearances in the UFC to date have earned “Gamer” three UFC post-fight bonuses.
He’ll take on Tsarukyan, who bounced back from a decision defeat to Islam Makhachev in a Fight of the Night performance on his octagon debut to win his next five fights.
Now, with both men on the cusp of contention in the uber-competitive 155-pound division, they meet in the headline bout at the UFC Apex looking to propel themselves into a bout with top-ranked opposition later in the year.
The fight card will also feature a welterweight bout between ranked contenders Neil Magny and Shavkat Rakhmonov.
Magny is one of the longest-serving active fighters on the UFC roster, and he’ll look to use that extensive octagon experience to hand Kazakhstan’s Rakhmonov the first defeat of his career.
UFC on ESPN 38: Confirmed Bouts
- Mateusz Gamrot vs. Arman Tsarukyan
- Neil Magny vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov
- Josh Parisian vs. Alan Baudot
- Nate Maness vs. Umar Nurmagomedov
- Chris Curtis vs. Rodolfo Vieira
- Shayilan Nuerdanbieke vs. TJ Brown
- Carlos Ulberg vs. Tafon Nchukwi
- Thiago Moises vs. Christos Giagos
- Raulian Paiva vs. Sergey Morozov
- Brian Kelleher vs. Mario Bautista
- JP Buys vs. Cody Durden
- Vanessa Demopoulos vs. Jinh Yu Frey