The two bantamweight contenders set for action in the main event both made weight ahead of UFC Vegas 72, with Song Yadong and Ricky Simon both hitting the non-title bantamweight limit of 136 pounds for their five-round main event.
The co-main event also saw both fighters register identical weights, with Caio Borralho and Michal Oleksiekjczuk both tipping the scale at 185.5 pounds for their middleweight matchup.
The rest of the fight card made weight, with two notable exceptions. Irina Alekseeva came in four pounds over the bantamweight limit, at 140 pounds, for her bout with Stephanie Egger (who made weight at 135 pounds), while for the first bout on the card, Hailey Cowan arrived on the scale at 137.5 pounds, 1.5 pounds over the non-title bantamweight limit for her bout with Jamey-Lyn Horth, who made weight with half a pound to spare, at 135.5 pounds.
Both fighters were fined for their weight misses, but their respective bouts will continue, as planned.
Check out the full list of official weights below.
UFC Vegas 72: Official weigh-in results
- Song Yadong (136) vs. Ricky Simon (136)
- Caio Borralho (185.5) vs. Michal Oleksiejczuk (185.5)
- Cody Brundage (185.5) vs. Rodolfo Vieira (186)
- Julian Erosa (145.5) vs. Fernando Padilla (145.5)
- Waldo Cortes-Acosta (258) vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima (262.5)
- Josh Quinlan (169) vs. Trey Waters (171)
- Martin Buday (265) vs. Jake Collier (265.5)
- Cody Durden (126) vs. Charles Johnson (125.5)
- Irina Alekseeva (140*) vs. Stephanie Egger (135)
- Marcus McGhee (140) vs. Journey Newson (138.5)
- Hailey Cowan (137.5**) vs. Jamey-Lyn Horth (135.5)
*Irina Alekseeva fined 30 percent of her fight purse
**Hailey Cowan fined 20 percent of her fight purse