A high-octane welterweight main event is signed, sealed, and confirmed for Saturday night at the UFC Apex after Vicente Luque and Rafael dos Anjos both made weight ahead of their headline bout in Las Vegas.
Luque weighed in at 170.5 pounds, while former lightweight champion dos Anjos came in half a pound heavier, right on the 171-pound limit, as their main event matchup was made official at the early-morning weigh-in session in Sin City.
Both featherweights set for action in the co-main event also hit their contracted marks, as Cub Swanson and Hakeem Dawodu both hit 146 pounds even, while light heavyweights Khalil Rountree (203.5) and Chris Daukaus (205) locked in their main card matchup, with Daukaus seemingly having no issue with the cut down to light heavyweight after his prior appearances in the heavyweight division.
Two middleweight fighters missed weight for their respective bouts, with Tafon Nchukwi and Josh Fremd coming in at 189.5 and 189 pounds, respectively ahead of their bouts against AJ Dobson and Jamie Pickett.
UFC Vegas 78: Official weigh-in results
- Vicente Luque (170.5) vs. Rafael dos Anjos (171)
- Cub Swanson (146) vs. Hakeem Dawodu (146)
- Khalil Rountree (203.5) vs. Chris Daukaus (205)
- Polyana Viana (116) vs. Iasmin Lucindo (116)
- AJ Dobson (185.5) vs. Tafon Nchukwi (189.5*)
- Josh Fremd (189*) vs. Jamie Pickett (186)
- JP Buys (136) vs. Marcus McGhee (136)
- Terrance McKinney (156) vs. Mike Breeden (156)
- Francis Marshall (145.5) vs. Isaac Dulgarian (145.5)
- Josh Parisian (266) vs. Martin Buday (266)
- Jaqueline Amorim (116) vs. Montserrat Ruiz (113)
- Da’Mon Blackshear (136) vs. Jose Johnson (135.5)
- Juliana Miller (126) vs. Luana Santos (126)
* Fighter missed weight