The fighters set for action at UFC Vegas 81 in Las Vegas took to the scale at the official weigh-ins ahead of fight night at the UFC Apex.
The event will be headlined by a featherweight matchup between ranked contenders Sodiq Yusuff and Edson Barboza, and both men had no problem making weight for their five-round matchup. Yusuff came in at 145.5 pounds, while Barboza hit the featherweight limit of 146.
The women’s flyweight co-main eventers also had no issue on the scale, with Brazilian rivals Jennifer Maia and Viviane Araujo weighing in at 125 and 126 pounds, respectively.
Bantamweights Jonathan Martines (136) and Adrian Yanez (135.5) made weight without fuss, as did middleweights Michel Pereira and Andre Pedroski.
The lone fighter on the card to miss weight was Christian Rodriguez, who came in four pounds over the non-title bantamweight limit for his main card opener against Cameron Saaiman. The South African agreed that his bout with Rodriguez should go ahead, regardless, and Rodriguez will surrender 25 percent of his fight purse to Saaiman as a result.
Unfortunately, the fight card lost one bout after UFC officials announced that the 130-pound catchweight bout between Edgar Chairez and Daniel Lacerda had been removed from the card due to a non-weight-related medical issue for Lacerda.
Check out the full list of official weights below.
UFC Vegas 81: Official weigh-in results
- Sodiq Yusuff (145.5) vs. Edson Barboza (146)
- Jennifer Maia (125) vs. Viviane Araujo (126)
- Jonathan Martinez (136) vs. Adrian Yanez (135.5)
- Andre Petroski (186) vs. Michel Pereira (186)
- Edgar Chairez (129.5*) vs. Daniel Lacerda (130*)
- Christian Rodriguez (140**) vs. Cameron Saaiman (135.5)
- Darren Elkins (146) vs. TJ Brown (146)
- Tainara Lisboa (133.5) vs. Ravena Oliveira Morais (133)
- Terrance McKinney (155.5) vs. Brendon Marotte (155.5)
- Irina Alekseeva (135) vs. Melissa Dixon (135.5)
- Chris Gutierrez (136) vs. Heili Alateng (136)
- Ashley Yoder (115.5) vs. Emily Ducote (115.5)
* Chairez vs. Lacerda canceled on medical grounds
* Rodriguez missed weight by four pounds. Bout goes ahead, with Rodriguez fined 25 percent of his purse