Ukraine’s Yaroslav Amosov is returning to the Bellator cage as he looks to unify the promotion’s welterweight titles.
Undefeated 170-pound champ Amosov took a leave of absence from the Bellator cage to help defend his country from the Russian invasion and, during his time in Ukraine, the promotion introduced an interim title to keep the division moving.
That title was claimed by America’s Logan Storley, who edged a split-decision verdict against England’s Michael “Venom” Page at Bellator 281 in London in May.
Now Amosov is ready to return to action, and will face Storley in a title unification bout at Dublin’s 3Arena on Saturday, February 25. The bout is a rematch of their previous clash at Bellator 252, where Storley came closer to defeating Amasov than any fighter before or since in a bout that went Amasov’s way via razor-thin split decision.
Joining them at the sharp end of the fight card in Ireland is a featherweight bout between No. 3-ranked Pedro Carvalho and No. 5-ranked Jeremy Kennedy. Also set for featherweight action are Ireland’s Sinead Kavanagh and New Zealand’s Janay Harding.
A host of familiar European faces will also feature on the preliminary card, with Oliver Enkamp, Karl Moore, Brian Moore, and Charlie Ward all set for action.
Bellator 291: Confirmed Bouts
- Yaroslav Amosov vs. Logan Storley – for unified welterweight title
- Pedro Carvalho vs. Jeremy Kennedy
- Sinead Kavanagh vs. Janay Harding
- Oliver Enkamp vs. Luca Poclit
- Karl Moore vs. Maciej Rozanski
- Brian Moore vs. Luca Iovine
- Daniele Scatizzi vs. Dmytrii Hrytsenko
- Piotr Niedzielski vs. Richie Smullen
- Charlie Ward vs. Mike Shipman
- Norbert Novenyi Jr. vs. Andy Manzolo
- Asael Adjoudj vs. Calum Murrie
- Elina Kallionidou vs. Jena Bishop