The streets of New York can be a dangerous place after dark – particularly if you are a pair of hapless muggers intent on robbing Renzo Gracie.
Renzo, a scion of the famous fighting family, was walking home in the early hours of this morning when he realised he was being tailed by two men with bad intentions. With a deserved reputation as a bit of a lunatic, Renzo decided to wait for them to catch up and then dealt with them in his own way.
Incredibly, he also basically live-tweeted the whole affair as he handled one and the other ran off. The runner didn’t get far though – he circled the block and ran right into Renzo, who had gone the other way. The result? Panda eyes for him and a sore hand for Renzo.
Here’s how it went down, tweet by tweet:
- 22nd street and 10th ave right now two guys following me, can’t help but have a big smile upon my face Im talking about a happy one ;-))))
- Waiting for them… Are they really thinking I’m drunk??? They have to be kidding. Hahahaha
- 25th and 10ave 😉 they are getting closer lol 😉
- I just stop to take a pic, they pretend they are looking at the window, can’t lie… My blood runs in a different speed, man I miss Brazil
- JiuJitsu ;-))) never leave home without it 😉
- Please hold there for just a couple minutes 😉 be right back
- They are coming closer, asking for a cigaret 😉 lol can’t help but have a smile in my face. I don’t smoke. Pretend to wobble. They smile
- My hands hurt… Can’t help but look at him the other one took off running, not much of a friend. Chicken :-/ I can still see him, he looks
- Back as he runs, no chance to catch him… Even though I began to try to run after him, I realize How slow I was. Fuck it :-///
- This one asks me why did I do that, pretending to be stupid, one little kick to the ribs makes him whine and apologize, as I’m writing this.
- I ask him if he was planing to rob me, he says no. All he wanted was a cigarette, lol I can’t help but have a big smile upon my face, and ..
- The certainty that if it was an ordinary man he would be sad about his stolen goods. Fucking cunt cries like a bitch when the tide turns…
- I can’t help but take a pic as his nose bleeds and he wines and asks why did I do that… Like he doesn’t know the reason…
- My fucking hands hurt, hurt like hell… pic.twitter.com/THjUYQkR
- Drove around two blocks… The other fellow disappear, I’m heading home… Angry for not finding the second one. Guess no sleeping tonight
- I knew it 😉 yessss
- There is basic things like you don’t come back to where the problem was.. You just don’t, I knew he would, just going around the block would
- Be enough… Dumb f%#^ I just gave him the old style Raccoon, it has been a while since the last time I did.. Choke him out 3 times…
- And before he woke up I did hit each eye socket at least twice, tomorrow he will wake up like a raccoon, and every time he woke up I was…
- Whispering at his ears.. That’s what death feels like it.. Don’t do that again. My fucking hand hurts, :-/ a lot
- Next time I will use only the elbows, damn I miss that feeling, sometimes I wonder if the easy life has been making me
- Soft.. All those years in Brazil, without knowing if I would make it home had to count for something, I can’t lie I could have jump in a cab
- But I could not help, I could spot them from a mile away, walking was my option, thank you mayor Giuliani, nobody carries a gun in our…
- Beautiful state, my lucky day, their bad day… My hand hurts and @FrankieEdgar is here at 9:30am for some training, shoot damn little guy
- Could not take a second pic guys sorry, believe I try, as I reach for my iPhone he almost took off :-/ fast mofo