Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar could trade the squared circle for the confines of the Octagon once again.
UFC President Dana White told of his confidence of Lesnar’s return materialising to SiriusXM NASCAR Radio on Tuesday.
"They're very, very, very good." –@ufc President @danawhite to @KevinHarvick on @BrockLesnar's chances of fighting again in UFC. Listen in 👇#HappyHours pic.twitter.com/p8ZCdrR9Kt
— SiriusXM NASCAR Radio (Ch. 90) (@SiriusXMNASCAR) February 28, 2018
When Kevin Harvick inevitably asked about the status of Lesnar, White said the odds of his return were “very, very, very good.”
Interest in Lesnar’s future in MMA has piqued thanks to his current contract with the WWE expiring in April following WrestleMania 34.
To stoke rumours further, White said earlier in February that he “wouldn’t be shocked” if Lesnar “gave it one more shot” in the UFC.
— danawhite (@danawhite) February 26, 2018
Since then, White posted the above photo with Lesnar on his Twitter account.
Talk of a UFC return could be Lesnar’s chance to increase his leverage on a new and improved deal with the WWE, who recently signed former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronday Rousey to its roster in January.
However, Lesnar returned to MMA in 2016 at UFC 200, handily defeating Kiwi kickboxer Mark Hunt in a unanimous decision after a four-and-a-half-year layoff.
That victory was swiftly overturned to a No Contest after Lesnar had twice tested positive for banned estrogen blocker clomiphene in an out-of-competition sample he provided ahead of the fight.
As a result, the Nevada Athletic Commission fined Lesnar $250,000 and suspended the American from competition for a year. Lesnar served five months of that suspension before notifying the UFC that he was to retire from the sport for a second time in February 2017. Lesnar still has seven months of his suspension remaining.