Former UFC heavyweight Matt Mitrione will be making his Bellator debut at Bellator 157 (Bellator: Dynamite 2) on June 24th.
Mitrione signed with the Viacom-owned promotion last month after fighting out his UFC contract and testing the waters of free agency. After Bellator came to him with the better deal, the TUF 10 veteran made the move to switch employers.
Mitrione will face 10-6 Carl Seumanutafa on the Bellator 157 main card.
Mitrione will enter the bout off the back of a controversial TKO loss to Travis Browne at UFC Fight Night 81. Seumanutafa, meanwhile, is coming off a TKO win over Javy Ayala in his Bellator debut in January.
Confirmed Bellator 157 bouts:
- Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson vs. Satoshi Ishii
- Matt Mitrione vs. Carl Seumanutafa
- Kevin Engel vs. Chel Erwin-Davis
- Jordan Howard vs. Justin Robbins
- Joaquin Buckley vs. Chris Heatherly
- Michelle Royer vs. Katy Collins
- Brad Jones vs. Clay Mitchell
- Jason Christeson vs. Jarrod Thomas
- Lee Burns vs. Byron Stevens
- Elmir Kulosman vs. Darryl Cobb
- Tara Walker vs. Mimi Kutzin