UAE Warriors 42 brought the action in a big way at the Etihad Arena as eight finishes led up to two thrilling title fights in the feature bouts of the evening.
In the main event, Ali AlQaisi retained his UAE Warriors featherweight title in a bloody war with rival Jesse Arnett. It was billed as the biggest grudge match in the promotion’s history and it proved to be a fitting way to end their trilogy.
Iran’s Amir Fazli captured the vacant UAE Warriors middleweight title in the co-main event with a stellar decision victory over Brazil’s Juscelino Ferreira. Fazli was then joined in the cage by light heavyweight champ Tarek Suleiman, who laid the challenge down for a champion vs. champion matchup in the future.
Elsewhere on the card, Brazil’s Alex da Silva scored a devastating knockout with his knee, Germany’s Attila Korkmaz won his fight with a beautifully maneuvered heel hook, Russia’s Amru Magomedov remained undefeated with a first-round rear-naked choke, and Sweden’s Elin Oberg won her contest with quick TKO victory early in the first round.
UAE Warriors 42: Official results
- Ali AlQaisi def. Jesse Arnett via unanimous decision (50-45, 49-46, 49-46) – for featherweight title
- Amir Fazli def. Juscelino Ferreira via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45) – for vacant middleweight title
- Attila Korkmaz def. Karlo Caput via submission (heel hook) – Round 1, 2:35
- Alex da Silva def. Ali Mashrapov via knockout (knee) – Round 3, 1:38
- Abdullo Khodzhaev def. Rusten Kudaybergenov via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 3:58
- Furtatbek Yokubov def. Junifer Kimmayong via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 3:49
- Amru Magomedov def. Renan Oliveira via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:24
- Elin Oberg def. Ding Miao via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 0:49
- Murad Bilarov def. Bagysh Zharmamatov via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 1:13
- Ullubiy Amirzhanov def. Filip Maric via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 0:26