Drag the fight to the canvas with this high-crotch takedown.
1. Kenny changes levels to dip under Pedro’s jab.
2. Kenny drops to a knee and shoots his right arm through Pedro’s legs.
3. As he takes a Gable grip, Kenny posts his left leg for stability.
4. Pedro overhooks Kenny’s left shoulder and posts his right leg to defend.
5. Kenny uses his left hand to pull Pedro’s posted ankle away.
6. As Pedro loses his balance, Kenny drives forward to finish.
High school: Drill this takedown from both southpaw and orthodox stance.
College: Ensure you drive forward as you pick the ankle to give yourself the best chance of success.
Olympian: Squeeze your Gable grip up and under to avoid stay clear of a guillotine choke.