The Eighth Annual Fighters Only World MMA Awards took place at The Venetian Hotel Resort & Casino in Las Vegas on Friday February 5th. The show was hosted by UFC star Urijah Faber.
The red carpet event honored the best of MMA from 2015, including the best fighters, fights and finishes.
The leading star of the night was UFC women’s bantamweight champion Holly Holm, who picked up a record four awards including ‘Female Fighter of the Year’ and ‘Knockout of the Year’ for her head kick KO of Ronda Rousey in November.
Also receiving big honors was UFC featherweight champ Conor McGregor, who bagged the ‘Fighter of the Year’ and ‘International Fighter of the Year’ awards.
A special ‘Lifetime Achievement’ award was give to iconic UFC Octagon announcer Bruce Buffer for his 20 years of dedication to the sport of mixed martial arts.
Full list of winners:
- Charles ‘Mask’ Lewis Fighter of the Year: Conor McGregor
- Female Fighter of the Year: Holly Holm
- Breakthrough Fighter of the Year: Holly Holm
- International Fighter of the Year: Conor McGregor
- Fight of the Year: Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald 2 (UFC 189)
- Knockout of the Year: Holly Holm (vs. Ronda Rousey, UFC 193)
- Submission of the Year: Ronda Rousey (vs. Cat Zingano, UFC 184)
- Comeback of the Year: Eddie Alvarez (vs. Gilbert Melendez, UFC 188)
- Upset of the Year: Holly Holm (vs. Ronda Rousey, UFC 193)
- Promotion of the Year: UFC
- Leading Man of the Year: Dana White
- Personality of the Year: Joe Rogan
- Analyst of the Year: Dominick Cruz
- Shawn Tompkins Coach of the Year: Rafael Cordeiro
- Trainer of the Year: Mike Dolce
- Referee of the Year: ‘Big’ John McCarthy
- Ringcard Girl of the Year: Arianny Celeste
- MMA Journalist of the Year: Ariel Helwani
- Media Source of the Year: MMAFighting.com
- Gym of the Year: Jackson-Wink MMA
- Best MMA Programming: UFC Embedded
- Best MMA Equipment and Apparel Brand: Bad Boy
- Lifetime Achievement: Bruce Buffer